· Burj Dubai is only a small part of what's beeing constructed in Dubai, the amusement park Dubai land will be twice the size of Walt Disney World in Florida and Dubai Mall the largest department store in the world of which both of them already are under construction.
· Architect: Adrian Smith (SOM).
Construction : 2004-30.12.2008
Construction Company: Samsung E&C(Korean Co).
Cost : $8 billion compared to Petronas Tower 1.6 billion back in 1998.
Design company: Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM).
Elevators : 66 double deckers moving at the speed of 18m/s (40mph), making it the worlds fastest.
Facade: Ferroconcrete, steel-frame.
Floors : 110*
Foundation: Concrete with 55 m(84 ft)tall piles attached into the ground.
Frame: Reflecting glazing to cool and save energy.
Gross Floor Space: 314,000 m² (3,378,137.6 sqft).
Height : 705 m (2,313 ft)*.
Observation deck: Indoor and outdoor at the 124 th floor, 34 floors abow the current leader
Project size: 190 hectares including artificial lake and downtown
- The concrete used for the Burj Dubai is equivalent to: a solid cube of concrete 61 metres on a side, a sidewalk 1,900 kilometres long, the weight of 100,000 elephants.
· Reinforcement Steel :- 31,400 MT - laid end to end this would extend over a quarter of the way around the world.
- The tip of the spire will be visible up to 95 kilometres away.
- The Burj Dubai will house around 35,000 people upon completion.
- The tower's observation deck will be located 442 metres above ground, the highest publicly accessible observation deck in the world.
- The amount of steel rebar used for the tower is 31,400 metric tons - laid end to end this would extend over a quarter of the way around the world.
has set a new world record for vertical concrete pumping for a building, by pumping to over 460 metres. The previous record was held by Dubai 101 for pumping concrete up to a height of 448 metres. Taipei
- The total area of cladding used to cover the Burj Dubai will be equivalent to 17 football fields.